Friday, January 2, 2009

Layout Catch-Up (and one for Jenny)

Oh, AND I finally got the book I've been published in!! I'm so pleased... there are at least 5 FULL PAGE images of my cards, and even a spread of 1 1/3 page of a digital layout. Whee!!! This is not my own stuff, this time, but in a book on scrapbooking (which is funny, because I'd only JUST started scrapping digitally at that point)--I contributed mainly lots and lots of cards which are scattered throughout the book. Here's the info: Scrapbook Asian Style! by Kristy Harris (of Far Flung Craft) (Tuttle Publishing, Singapore: 2008). Coolio beansio! Those red calla lilies are one of my cards... front cover, no less! *happy dance*



And in layout news, I haven't done much recently because I've been working on some new stuff for me, plus I had to write a bunch of articles for Scrapbook News & Review. But here are three with Vinnie Pearce's new stuff at Catscrap: a collab kit with Kitty Design called "Wishes and Dreams", and a very cool kit whose depths I haven't even come close to fully exploring called "Buckets of Sunshine" (which we need right about now, heh. Though we didn't lose power at least!). The first one is for Jenny, she'll know why... ;)

"Dream"

Heather Taylor, Dream

Credits: Everything by Vinnie Pearce and Kitty Chen Designs at Catscrap.

"Wishes"

Heather Taylor, Wishes

Everything from Vinnie Pearce's Wishes & Dreams Collaborative kit with Kitty Designs (Catscrap).

And finally, "You Are My Sunshine" (this is my mother):

Heather Taylor, You Are My Sunshine

Credits: All Vinnie Pearce at Catscrap. Base paper from Typography Corner Paper Pack 01, blended with a paper from Bucket Full of Sunshine, and swirls from Decorative Grunge Swirls 02. The rest of the elements are all also from Bucket Full of Sunshine, except for the little birdie, which is from Playing In The Snow. Font: 1550.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats, Heather! I love your stamp designs - they are just beautiful. Perhaps you might consider brush sets for those of us who have carpal tunnel instead of inky fingers.

    Silly note - the post-bot blocker word is "bunbare" :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Heather! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK -- a couple of comments...

    1. HUGE CONGRATS on the publishing! From one front cover gal to another! It does bring a smile, and I'm smiling for you right now! That calla lily card is fab.
    2. All your new layouts are lovely and I love family pics, so the pics with your Mother are super sweet, love the B&W.
    3. FINALLY... a cool cat layout, and he does look like one cool cat. Thank you.
    4. Congrats again on the publishing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being published - and included on the cover no less. AWESOME!

    Love that layout of your mom especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Great job getting a cover shot! I can't wait to see the book : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo pour la publication Heather... c'est une sacrée reconnaissance !
    Et bravo pour la dernière (la seule que je n'avais pas vu !) elle est superbe, pleine de sensibilité et de tendresse...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome heather!!! To be published is such an accomplishment! those callas are gorgeous! Love your pages too! You are a busy woman for sure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, congrats on the publication - love looking at your cards! The latest LO's of Allen are wonderful, too - he's growing up too fast! -- Kat

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!