Monday, September 29, 2008

Grit: A Freebie

I've had this alpha just kinda hanging around for several months now, and just happened to use it on a layout today:

Heather Taylor, Perpetual Motion

Credits: Background paper by Vinnie Pearce (Pixel Canvas, Single FLORA white [recolored]). Photo is masked with some of Anna Aspnes's brushes from her Fruehling kit (Designer Digitals), and the splotches up top are by Katie Pertiet (DD, 2PM Chat Freebie) covered with Vinnie Pearce's Woodland Boys paper. The alpha is mine (Grit). Branch by Katie Pertiet (From My Porch Brushes), and the darling little owl is by Rhonna Farrer (2Peas, Back To School kit).

I blended 4 photos into one--the beach, and bay in the background, are only about 1/2 as wide! Did it for a challenge at 2Peas--lots of fun! Not so complicated, really--just used layer masks with a small gradient along the right edge of each of the photos, moved the photos up or down to make him about the same size/perspective, blended the horizon line and the sky (that was really the trickiest), took off the real shadows--they extended out of the photos--and put in much smaller ones using a burn tool, then cropped the whole thing so it would fit.

Anyway, I thought you guys might like having the alpha, too! In my layout I used it with a Soft Light layer blending mode and a drop shadow. [no longer available, sorry]

Heather Taylor, Grit Alpha Freebie

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 30 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather... your LO for the challenge is so amazing. You constantly make me go "coooool". I love it that you have such a unique style. I can pick you out in a gallery!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Heather you are really getting around! Can I say that I am proud of you? It sounds a little presumptious, but it's pretty cool that I know you and you are becoming so famous!!!! Thanks for the great alpha. I tried the birdie frame, but it won't let me download. I don't know if you took it off or if it's a glitch. It's really cute, so if you can do something that would be great. I am so glad you are working with Vinnie, you are so talented and your pages are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one elegant alpha, Heather. Thanks! I've snaffled it! :-)
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much ! I'm discovering your blog and your work is really amasing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - I just saw this layout. WOWZERS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Splendid... I love it ...thanks for mode of realisation ...

    mihiana

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!