Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Sea Is For Drowning

Jamesie, our darling gentle giant cat, has just been diagnosed with a horrible enlargement of the liver, and is very, very sick. And we are very fearful for how it may end. Coming so soon after Oso... it's rough. So I apologize for not keeping up with the blog for the last couple of days or so.

Heather Taylor, The Sea Is For Drowning

Credits: All Designer Digitals. Jessie Edwards and Katie Pertiet for the frames (Web Challenge 080308, and Posted Frames No. 2). Katie Pertiet for the shell brush, from her Beachy Clusters. Twill ribbon and ledger label from Katie Pertiet's Shell Collector No. 4. Anna Aspnes contributed a mask and paper for inside the frames from her Floral Art 2 masks, and from her Mama Page Set. Font: Undo 35. Journaling reads:

"the sea
is for days
when I have
not enough tears

for when I need

to drown in sorrow
to drown my sorrow

for when I crave
beauty

to crack open
the marrow of my soul"

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about Jamesie. He sounds like an absolute sweetie.

    Sending good thoughts your way.

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out ok - this page is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sending you warm thoughts. Hang in there.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Jamesie, hope things get better--may the rough seas get calm.

    Such a beautiful LO and words.
    -Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so sorry about Jamsie, it is so hard...
    Your words struck a chord in me and gave me a shiver... When at the Beach I used to go the water's edge and just have a good cry... feeling that the waves would take my tears and sorrows out to sea with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big hugs for you and your kitty. I'm glad you got some more snuggles with Jamesie.

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!