Saturday, September 27, 2008

Published!

Finally! I was asked, about 2 years ago, to collaborate--along with some really great card and scrapbook artists--on a book on Asian scrapbooking. The funny thing is that I wasn't really scrapbooking then (I hadn't heard of digital scrapping yet). But Kristy Harris, the owner of Far Flung Craft, was also wanting cards--and Asian cards, I can do! So I made a bunch of cards, and Kristy wrote her book, and it's finally in production! Powell's Books doesn't list it as available yet, but it does seem like it's finally becoming a reality. Whee! I can't wait to see it!

Kristy Harris, Scrapbook Asian Style

That calla lily card on the front is mine, similar to this one:

Heather Taylor, Blue-Green Callas

8 comments:

  1. How Wonderful-- Congrats! I'll be first in line to buy it!

    I followed your link. Here the product info. You can preorder. Publication is next month (Oct.)

    Product Details

    ISBN: 9780804839334
    Subtitle: Create One-Of-A-Kind Pages with Asian-Inspired Materials, Colors and Motifs

    Author: Harris, Kristen
    Harris, Kristy

    Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
    Subject: Asia
    Scrapbooks
    General
    CRA052000
    Scrapbooking
    Papercrafts
    Publication Date:
    October 2008

    Binding:Paperback
    Language: English
    Pages: 192

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Heather! I just noticed you were on the team at Pixel Canvas, and popped over here to congratulate you for that and find you have been published! Whoo Hoo - Go Heather!! Liz (liza t)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeee for you!

    On the card - did you emboss (with what) then use alc. inks? I'm trying to figure it out. Looks very cool and textured....
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie (debsterchen)October 8, 2008 at 1:02 PM

    Your cards are beautiful Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool! congrats, heather! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!