Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh my new camera, how I love thee...

We got a BONUS sun day today! Really, it couldn't have been more glorious. Upper 60's, hot enough that a sweatshirt was uncomfortably warm, but not so hot that you weren't happy to have it in the shade. So, we decided to go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium!

These aren't perfect pictures by any means, but oh, so much better than my old camera--and these were WITHOUT FLASH! That's what's the most amazing to me--especially the Japanese Spider Crab one. Coo-OOL!

Green Iguana (they come in all sorts of different colors):



Japanese Spider Crabs



Jellyfish:



Little gators:



Live sand dollars:



Oh, the octopus was in FINE form today! He skirled from one side of the tank to the other, bright bright red, then gradually puckered up and went dormant in the front corner. It was very very dark in that little alcove, and you can't use flash, so I got a lot of window reflection and blurriness, but still, I was pleased to get some good memories!



Piranha *gulp*:


Sea horses all over the place:


A little stream out front, accompanied by the amusing sign which states that "Stream is not coin-operated.":


Allen's favorite part, which consists of water RUSHING out of this clump of fake rock, to spill down into a pool full of sea stars:


Allen doing his own rushing to catch the next wave in time:


And finally, in the parking lot, salmon berry blossoms, with bee:


I hope you had a fabulously wonderful day too!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your day with us Heather! Those are gorgeous pics!!

    Hug, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are enjoying it so!!
    love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh gorgeous, what a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - gorgeous photos, heather! especially that octopus one. I tried taking similar pictures when we went to San Francisco but mine didn't come out nearly as good. It didn't help that the octopus was shy. Or sleepy. Or cranky. Not sure but he certainly wasn't cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a fun day. Glad you are enjoying the new camera. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos look wonderful! I especially love the jellyfish one.
    What camera did you get? I am in the market for a new one and am always interested in finding out which ones produce great quality/razor sharp photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kait, I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3... =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. j'adore la photo de la méduse, elle est splendide !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photographs, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! These are National Geographic quality photos - I can't believe I know someone who can do that! Amazing - but you always are. I'm still blown away. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos HT, absolutely loving the colours you are achieving.

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!