Saturday, March 1, 2008

21-Day Challenge: Day 1

Ok, I've decided to play along with Rhonna Farrer's 21-Day Challenge. Apparently, it takes 21 days to really instill a habit, so she's challenging people to find one habit they'd like to make or break and keep a journal about the path to that end.

I spend so much time on the computer! So I decided that I'd like to get back to paper and pen/cil, plus work on color--so I'm doing that. Day 1 was today. Wouldn't you know it, but the little shop where they sell watercolors was closed today! So I had to go to the expensive chi-chi shop, where I was amazed that they had a *couple* of (REALLY) expensive, blank-paged journals, suitable for using wet pigments in. So I got the cheaper, smaller one, but it's way cool too, and was designed by the Savannah College of Art & Design:

Heather Taylor, Journal Cover

and here's my scribbling (well, part of it--the rest really was a big disappointment to me: I need PRACTICE!):

Heather Taylor, 21-Day Challenge, Day 1

I did this while at the cafe with Eddie & Allen (they were playing Yahtzee, and Allen got 2 of them! He's really lucky at dice--hope he never figures that one out!), and I had to add the watercolors back later. I must be in the mood to spend all my non-existant money, because I really want to try out the watercolor pencils that Brenda's been writing about, and the Copic alcohol-based markers that Estivalia uses. So watch out Dick Blick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!