Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wherein My Swiss Heritage Is Showing (and a Freebie)

My son, who, since the age of 2, has restricted himself to about 10 foods, has suddenly developed a streak of brashness and has tried... *gasp* chocolate sauce!!! Of course, it can't be put directly on the ice cream, it has to come "on the side" in its own little cup... Anyway, I made a fun little layout from our most recent trip to The Big City, and got inspired by the Ben & Jerry cows. And whaddya know, out popped a mini-kit! And what's this "Swiss heritage" thing, you ask? Well, I grew up in Switzerland, in the French-speaking part, and only emigrated to the States for good after I finished college here. So of course cows and I have an affinity! *lol*

Here's the layout (click for larger photo, as usual):

Heather Taylor, Ice Cream

And here was the freebie mini-kit, called It's the Cow's Moo (the cat's meow, the cow's moo?): 4 papers (including the one with the faded-back cow), 3 ribbons, 2 stickers (it's the same sticker, 1 with shadows and 1 without), a cow brush (also in .png format), and a cow tag. Oh, and I forgot--a cow overlay too! Holy cow that's a lot of free stuff! I just kept having ideas, I guess... =) ETA: This freebie is no longer available. Thanks for looking!

Heather Taylor, It's the Cow's Moo Mini-Kit

3 comments:

  1. This turned out great - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you know we took a picture of Jaylene with a cow yesterday? Did you make a mini kit of white carrots too? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, Heather, this is so cool! nice work!

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!