Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Line Drawing, Part II

Today I created this little airplane graphic following Melissa Clifton's instructions for non-people line art derived from a photograph, and it turned out really well, though I did add a step: once I'd inverted the line drawing, I brought it into Illustrator, did a Live Trace, Expand, Flatten Transparency (then get rid of the white spaces). LOVE that vector art! The dotted line was just a fat little rectangle that I made into a brush -- just drew a path with the pen tool, and stroked it.

Heather Taylor, Evergreen Aviation Museum

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I keep bugging my hubby to give me illustrator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded your zip file and think its really great! Thank you. Bettina Groh

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!