Saturday, March 8, 2008

Guess I've Been Busy...

Can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday! Oops! Well, working backwards...

Here's the layout I finished this morning -- I dithered about a lot of things on it. A little snapshot of Allen's body language as he reads... The book is written in large print, and there are only 2 or 3 paragraphs on each page, but still--it was 42 or so pages! Font: Pooh, of course (with glints by Stephanie Shimerdla with her glitter brush - www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com, though I did the shading). And Century Old Style. I did all the little drawings... =)

Heather Taylor, Dancing with Books

Shading the type was fun! Use your magic wand set at 1 tolerance, non-continuance on the type layer, click on the type, then make a new layer and with a very low opacity, low fill, wide brush, start highlighting (or shadowing, which is what I did on the lighter "Pooh" word). I added some glints at the very top of the letters -- all quite easy and painless!

Moving right along, the 21-Day Challenge, Days 7 & 6:

Heather Taylor, 21-Day Challenge, Day 7

Heather Taylor, 21-Day Challenge, Day 6

Continuing to sketch, and giving myself permission to just play instead of trying to be perfect, has been really fun. Hopefully I can keep it up!

And a couple of layouts. First, this one:

Heather Taylor, Port of Newport

By the way, want to know a cool little trick for getting your images to be the same width (or size)? When you go to crop your images, you can put the measurements up in the tool bar, and even the dpi (since my camera only takes up to 230 dpi, I work at 12x12, 150 dpi)! The only thing to remember is that there's a "clear" button -- in case you're wondering why your crop tool will only do a rectangle next time. =)

And finally, a touch of Spring fever:

Heather Taylor, Spring

Both these layouts were done with Designer Digitals items only (please click for specific credits). Although I'm getting a sinking feeling, because so many of the people who post there are just awesome layout artists. I just love going over there to look!

I've learned a lot from the tutorials for the Little Dreamer Designs apprentice program, too -- much sinking feeling there as well, but oh well. Maybe I can pick up a mentor somewhere... I went and took a look at EyeCandy, but was not super-impressed with the metal capabilities, though the chrome feature is pretty cool (and you can do chrome in other colors, so I guess that kinda works). The demos are good only for 30 days, but I can't afford the program at this point. A very cool place to go for textures: CG textures. The next day, when we went to the Port, I took pictures of all kinds of stuff I might not normally look at!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!