Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Latest Layouts

The first one, Us, uses everything from Vinnie Pearce's new freebie kit, Us.

Heather Taylor, Us

And this was a fun exercise in blending. There are two photos, and I've used gradient layer masks on both. The leaf has a radial mask, since it has a clear focal point; the second has a linear gradient mask going from left to right. I also used a low opacity paintbrush to soften up the blend lines, as well as the darkness of the sand ridges in the leaf photo. I love how serendipity points the sand direction right to Allen's silhouette!

Heather Taylor, Fall At The Beach

Credits: All Designer Digitals. Background paper by Lynn Grieveson for the Chat Freebie (9/14/08); corner & edge decorations by Anna Aspnes (both her Hipster Plumes & Korners No. 2 and the Fruehling Elements Kit). Fonts: 3rd Man and Reprobate. Journaling reads: "colored leaves / the gathering of the gulls / sand migration / a nip at the ears / and you, always you / and me, following behind // Fall at the beach // the best time of the year"

1 comment:

  1. I just adore graphic style layouts and you totally ROCKED these. That leaf in the bottom one is perfect.

    And OMG, you made me laugh so hard this morning. Gahoogy-squats? That is the best phrase I have heard in a long time. I wish I had named my blog that!

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!