Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Comin' Along

It's been cold, but beautiful here--more great beach pictures coming down the line! In the meantime, it's time to work on another sheet of rubber stamps--this time for the Year of the Ox (2009) and Year of the Tiger (2010). It may seem early... but some folks want to participate in calendar swaps that use the next year's image already.

So, a quick preview, in a different style: I've found a way I can actually draw pretty realistically. This picture is based on a 14th century jade carving -- nifty, eh?

Heather Taylor, 'Ox and Young Boy'

I'm done with the ox half, now it's time for tiger half. Maybe because I'm born in the year of the tiger, I feel like I have more affinity for this animal, and hopefully I'll be finished with the whole sheet soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!