Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Stamping Backgrounds Fun

I used, as basis, Marion Davis's class on OrientalStampArt.com for making the background for this card's stamped panel, with a few variations (of course!). I do wish I could get those silly Ranger color washes to spray evenly. No matter whose bottle I use, somehow the mister always gets clogged, and I get all these spatters. But hey, you have to run with what you have!

The stamp is one of my new ones off the last sheet, and I got the idea for the various strips of paper from Estivalia's blog, {Paper Leisure}. Here, I used strips of yuzen washi from StoneHouse Stamps -- I adore Anne Stone, the owner. She has the most *fabulous* paper EVAH... =) and she has some pretty cool stamps, too! Whenever she sends an order, she also includes all kinds of end scraps from other sheets--that's what I used here--so you're always lusting after something other than what you got. Heh--isn't that always the case?

The fishie is painted with Brilliance reinkers, after being embossed.

Heather Taylor, Hanging Water Garden

1 comment:

  1. I inspired this amazing project? cool :D I've son wanted to get some washi papers from that store, but there's always something else you just gotta have first, doesn't it happen to you?

    ReplyDelete

If you want an answer directly, please provide your e-mail, as I'm unable to access it... =) Thanks!